Thursday, August 25, 2016

T5W (On a Thursday, Again) | Books You Want to Read Before the End of the Year

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey and is moderated by Sam of Thoughts on Tomes.


Here we are again, on a Thursday instead of a Wednesday, and I have the same excuse as last week. BUT. It seems I am not the only one with this problem, as evidenced by a variety of booktubers and posters in the T5W goodreads group, so I won't fret about it too much.

This week's topic is a tricky one because how do you only choose 5 books that you want to read before the end of the year? My TBR list is so long. Like really, it's absurd. I don't think I have any chance of reading every book on that list by the time I die. But here we go:


1) Ash by Malinda Lo


Ash

I've wanted to read this book for so long. A Cinderella retelling with LGBT elements? It's like this book was written specifically with me in mind, as silly as that sounds. I have the book sitting on my dining room table right now, rented from the library, and I plan to read it right after I finish What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi.


2) Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown


Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit

Another LGBT book. I just need more of them in my life, I feel like all I read is hetero romance and that just isn't cutting it for me anymore. This comes out on the 30th and I am stooooked! I already ordered it through my library.


3) Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

Three Dark Crowns (Untitled, #1)

This book won't be released until September, plus I've only read one book by Blake and I did not like it, but the premise sounds so good, and look at that cover!!! Gorgeous!!!


4) Any Book By Lang Leav


Love & MisadventureLullabiesMemories

I've been wanting to read something by Lang Leav for a long time, ever since I saw one of her books in the running for the Goodreads Choice Awards. I don't know what it is that draws me to her because I've never heard anyone talk about her writing before. But I love poetry and I love the covers for her books and her name is weirdly cool, and what more reason do you need to read a book?


5) In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park


In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom

I don't remember specifically where I heard about this book; it was either a gifset on tumblr or a TED talk, but either way the story intrigues me. North Korea is such an elusive country. It feels like the information we do know is just the tip of the horrific iceberg. I think this book will give a lot of insight on what it's really like to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment