Saturday, September 3, 2016

September 2016 TBR

I think September's going to be a good month for me, reading-wise; I don't have too much to do, and I have a bunch of books I have checked out from the library that I'm anticipating. I hope I'll be able to get to them before I have to take them back. Overdue fees are the woooorst.







UprootedA book I started reading last month and hope to finish in September is Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I'm almost done with it and I'm so sad because I don't want it to be over! This is one that would make an amazing movie or miniseries. 



















The books I'm hoping to read this month are:


AshAsh by Malinda Lo. I need more LGBT books in my life! Hopefully, this will fulfill my mighty need, I've never read Malinda Lo before and I don't hear people talk about her very often, but it's a gay Cinderella retelling and that sounds right up my alley.















The MuseThe Muse by Jessie Burton. The Miniaturist was an absolutely fantastic book, brilliant storytelling, and going off that example, this book should be great as well!

















In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to FreedomIn Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park. I find North Korea fascinating in a morbid kind of way; there are millions of people trapped there, living under a sick dictatorship and escape seems unlikely. However, this girl was able to do it, and I'm interested to hear her story. 















Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden FruitGeorgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown. This book only came out on the last day of last month. It's another LGBT book, a contemporary romance this time. I'm really excited for this one.















Coping with Anxiety: Ten Simple Ways to Relieve Anxiety, Fear, and WorryCoping with Anxiety: 10 Simple Ways to Relieve Anxiety, Fear, and Worry by Dr. Edmund Bourne. This last one is just a self-help book that I wanted to read, to learn some coping mechanisms. I'm sure there are a lot of readers who also struggle with anxiety; I know they go hand-in-hand a lot of the time. 














So that's what I'm hoping to read this month! We'll see if I'll be able to get to them all - it's unlikely but a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment