Wednesday, September 14, 2016

T5W | Books You Want To See As TV Shows

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey and is moderated by Sam of Thoughts on Tomes. Here is the Goodreads group if you want to join!

Hey!! I got this one out on Wednesday! Miracle of miracles! It's probably because this one is easier, less thinking required. Anyway, proud of you, me.

This week's topic is to choose which books you would want to see as TV shows. This one is pretty easy. Here are my picks!


1) Goosebumps Series by R. L. Stine


    Image result for goosebumps

Listen, I know this was already a TV show, but imagine an updated version! Better CGI and modern takes on some of the stories? (Also, yes, I know there was a movie but we don't talk about that.)

2) His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman


Image result for his dark materials

Okay, this one has already been licensed for a television adaptation, but that was back in late 2015. Where the heck is it? (Another one with a movie that we don't talk about. Sorry, Daniel Craig.) 

3) Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling


Image result for harry potter books

I'm sure this one has been said a million times, but Harry really does deserve to be on television. There are so many intricacies to the story that the movies missed. It could go into more detail, and be mostly child-friendly (except for all the murder and stuff in the later books).

4) Graceling Series by Kristin Cashore


Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)

Graceling is the shiiiit! A TV show would be like, high fantasy, political intrigue epicness. Although I think it would only work if Kristin Cashore was on the writing team. 

5) Cormoran Strike Series by J. K. Rowling


The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1)

This would a sweet murder-mystery show. All the characters are so likable, and ever though the endings are usually a little predictable, it would still be pretty fun in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I always say how Harry Potter would be a great TV show even though it's not on my list wouldn't it be so awesome?!
    Here's my post:
    http://thebookprophet.weebly.com/home/top-5-wednesday-books-youd-love-to-see-as-tv-shows

    ReplyDelete